All aboard the love train! It's a train made of love! Travelling express from Fist2Face Junction to Your Face Station! Choo choo!
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
It's that special time of year again! Fist2Face is running our yearly Album of the Year poll, to discover the 10 best albums of 2012!
Head over to our Album of the Year page to learn how to make your voice heard! Voting is quick and easy, and you'll receive a free $5 Fist2Face gift voucher just for participating!
Also make sure to check out the top 10 picks from our daily guest reviewers - band members and industry figures including members of Psycroptic, Aitches, and Ne Obliviscaris - with heaps more huge names to be announced every day until voting closes.
Voting closes December 17, so get place your votes now!
Have you been wondering why you haven't been receiving any Fist2Face news love on this page lately? Probably not, huh.
Well, the ol' monthly Fist2Face news update has been replaced! We're now putting out weekly video updates of all our new CDs and merch, as well as news about the store, upcoming gigs, and weekly ticket giveaways!
We call it Fisties Friday and you can either keep an eye out for it on our Facebook page every Friday, or just subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay in the know!
That's it for now, and probably for a while! These news updates will be far less frequent, as we channel all our updates through our Fisties Friday videos.
If you need us, we'll be in the future.
Hey punks! Get a haircut!
How's everyone's tax time going? We've been working overtime boxing up stock for The Living End's massive Retrospective Tour that's starting November 1st. Did you get your tickets?
Anyway, here's what's new!
- The new issue of BLUNT mag is out now, with features on The Amity Affliction, Fear Factory, Heroes For Hire, Gallows and even more!
- We've got a whole mess of new Dream On Dreamer merch, including tees, hoodies and shorts!
- Ditto Northlane!
- Bodyjar have released CD re-pressings of their early albums! They smell great.
- The latest Twisted poster mag is out, with posters of all manner of ugly people including Slipknot, Children of Bodom, Wednesday 13, Marilyn Manson, and, y'know, more.
- We've got CDs and vinyls from River of Snakes (featuring members of Magic Dirt and FANGS!)
- Sugar Army's new album Summertime Heavy is out now and it's fantastic!
- New accessories (patches, stickers, badges, keyrings, mugs etc) from Simple Plan, Glassjaw, Brand New, Saves The Day and Pink Floyd. What a combo!
- CDs: Andrew Swift, Gallows, Tired Minds, The Worst, Billy Talent, Andrew Bird, and heaps more!
- Vinyl: Right Mind, Declaration, Cabin Fever/Degenerates, The Gaslight Anthem, The Postal Service, and heaps more!
- Tees: Howling Dollhouse, House Vs Hurricane, The Worst, The Kinks, Two Tongues, Parkway Drive, For All Eternity, and heaps more!
- Hoodies: Brand New, For All Eternity, and pooploads more!
CD OF THE MONTH
THE SMITH STREET BAND - SUNSHINE & TECHNOLOGY
The Smith Street Band's brand of indie punk leaves nowhere to hide, no veil to cower behind. Lead vocalist Wil Wagner puts everything out in the open, almost like a confessional conversation with a friend.
Their brazenly attitudinal and personal approach will either be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. If you want experimentalism or poetic leanings this may not be your thing. Punk rock and its many forms have always been divisive, as such a personalised genre and movement. Odds are though if you're listening to Sunshine & Technology you have discovered them at a local pub, through a friend or as an ardent fan who wanted their next dose after last year's No One Gets Lost Anymore.
For those who enjoy half-sung half-spoken style vocals, catchy punk/surf riffs and sweaty hooks you will find more than enough solace in these here humble 10 tracks. Efforts like "Stay Young" and "When I Said Us I Meant Them" sum up their appeal perfectly. Wagner covers topics that anyone listening can relate to, from youthful indiscretions and young love to rebellious tendencies and discontent. The instrumental backing meanwhile is melodic and catchy, with just enough harshness around the edges, matching the force of the lyrics. As the album title suggests, you get a full picture of what the band is all about and the picture you get is of a much more fully formed band, compared to their debut.
Review by Andrew 'Hazard' Hickey of Purple Sneakers - click here for the whole thing.
There have been few album releases as highly anticipated by Fist2Face staff as Sunshine & Technology. The band's first album was the cause of many many singalongs at the store, and the new album is just as infectious. Do yourself a favour and pick up a copy as soon as you possibly can!
Grab a copy of the album from Fist2Face, or scroll down to the bottom of this news for your chance to win a copy!
WEB DEVELOPER WANTED
Job title: Web Developer (ColdFusion)
Description: Fist2Face, Australia's leading independent alternative online music merch store, is seeking a motivated and creative Web Developer to work in a collaborative environment alongside its lead Web Developer. Experience in ColdFusion a must. An initial commitment of 10 hours per month required however this is likely to increase into the future. Work can be undertaken offsite.
Technical skills required: ColdFusion, MySQL, HTML, CSS. Sound understanding of web standards and GUI design.
Further information: To apply or for any further information please contact email@example.com.
One thing bands love more than anything is when fans pre-order their albums before they come out. Pre-ordering an album is basically like giving the band a high five. So do it!
Right now we're running pre-orders for:
- Something For Kate's upcoming album Leave Your Soul For Science (Release date: Sep 28)
- Sylosis' upcoming album Monolith (Release date: Oct 10)
- Strangers' debut album Persona Non Grata (Release date: Oct 12)
- Parkway Drive's new album Atlas, with three different pre-order packs: 1. CD and beach towel, 2. Vinyl, poster and badge pack, and 3. CD and badge pack! (Release date: Oct 26)
HEY CHECK THIS OUT
Are you on the Fist2Face social media bandwagon? Come on, even your dad is tweeting at us. He barely shuts up!
Like us at facebook.com/fist2face, and follow us on Twitter @Fist2Face.
If you want a chance to win a copy of September's CD of the Month, Sunshine & Technology by The Smith Street Band, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, suburb/state and the answer to the following question:
Who is the lead vocalist of The Smith Street Band?
Your email must have the subject line "Competition" or it will not be valid! The winner will be contacted via email and announced in next month's news.
And congratulations to Sinead Cormack of Shenton Park, WA for winning the Pierce The Veil competition from last month's news! Your CD will be out to you soon.
Oh sweet! Lunchtime!